Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good and Tasty Tuesday: Tomatoes & Tuna

Yay! Yummy food!  Most times it is a pain throwing together something for lunch since it is just me eating it most of the time.  But you do get bored of the same old thing so it is nice to have fresh(er) ingredients in the house to do something new!
I took a couple of tomatoes (that I am suppose to be canning) and a jar of my newly canned tuna and magic happened.  Just a quick concoction to satisfy those taste buds!


Slice or carve out inside of tomato.
Mix tuna with Mayo.
Throw in capers and a couple of grinds of pepper!

Mix it all together. Put tuna mix on top of or inside tomato and enjoy! I sure did. Wasn't sure how I would feel about the tuna after canning 200lbs of it (post to come soon, I promise!) but it was so very good.  I even had to stop myself from eating out of the jar straight!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this has my stomach growling!!
    I have been LOVING tomatoes this year. The freshness really makes all the difference! I don't have tuna nor capers on hand, but I have been inspired to just have some tomato halves with mayo on them now. YUMMY.
    Thanks for sharing these good eats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ChrissyI know I love a mayo and tomato sandwich on white bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great lunch!

    ReplyDelete