Thursday, March 3, 2011

Growing Up

All kids do, grow up I mean.  My daughter will be two at the end of May.  I know it is cliche to say but where did the time go.  I barely remember the baby who was lifting her head up on day two and never stopped talking.  I was looking through the pictures a few days ago and was so surprised to see this child I barely remember.  She is definitely becoming her own little person.  And the learning curve right now is amazing.  Today she demonstrated the concepts of "me" and wait".  We ask her to wait all the time, so it is not that surprising to hear her yelling it at me as she runs after me.  But it was a bit shocking to have her look at me and ask for something by pointing at herself and saying ME!  It is pure joy and fear when you realize how smart your child already is before the age of two.

2 comments:

  1. Finally read your blog -- good stuff!! :)
    Love your style of writing and humor. I have subscribed, so bring on the posts!!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete